Charge-m8® Standard Installation
All Charge-m8 AC EV chargers include standard installation, which will cover the majority of domestic and some workplace/commercial installations. Geographic restrictions apply, contact us for more information
Workplace and commercial installations will more often than not require a first fix installation stage before a Charge-m8 engineer can install your EV charger. Charge-m8 have national first-fix installation partners who will quote for any first-fix works required before you confirm your Charge-m8 order.
We will ask you to complete a simple form on our website and upload some images of your desired installation location, and your existing electrical system. A Charge-m8 technical expert will review the information provided and assess the requirements to check if you qualify for standard installation, and advise if any other first-fix works are required. You can complete the survey form online here.
- Fixing your Charge-m8 EV charger within your designated off-street parking area, to a suitable load-bearing surface at a height to avoid collision damage, using appropriate fixings to ensure safe operation
- Up to 15 meters of the required specification power cable, from your consumer unit/distribution board or electricity supply meter to the desired location of your Charge-m8 EV charger
- Where using a WI-FI network connection, configuration and connection to a suitable strength home WI-FI signal (2.4ghz only)
- Where using an ethernet network connection, up to 5 meters of the network cable, from a conveniently located home network plug or RJ45 socket (not provided) to the desired location of your Charge-m8 EV charger
- Where installed on an external wall, the drilling of a hole up to 500mm depth is included
- Depending on your system and specification of your chosen Charge-m8 model, your Charge-m8 engineer may also install either an earth protection unit or an earth electrode in the vicinity of the Charge-m8 EV Charger
- The Charge-m8 Engineer will thoroughly test all electrical connections and protections required for the EV charger to function safely, and all works carried out by Charge-m8 engineers are in compliance with BS 7671:2018 and the IET Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation 3rd Edition
Charge-m8® standard EV Chargepoint installation DOESN’T include and Charge-m8® engineers are unable to:
- Complete installations where for reasons of Heath & Safety, two engineers are required to be present
- Work at heights in excess of 2.4m or where it is reasonably deemed unsafe to do so
- work within or access roof spaces to run cables
- run cables under floorboards or through ducting or voids
- trench cables underground
- prepare groundworks for the installation of an optional pedestal stand
- suspend cables above ground
- whilst Charge-m8® engineers are issued with a waterproof cover for external work, severe heavy wind & rain may result in the installation being postponed if it is deemed unsafe to continue
Any first-fix works required must be completed to the required standard before an installation date can be confirmed.
How long does standard installation take?
Charge-m8® allow up to 4 hours for each standard installation, however as all installations are of course unique, and depending on any first-fix works, some installations may take longer than others.
Read our full terms and conditions here.
Following review of your completed online survey, a Charge-m8 technical expert may advise that some first-fix works are required to complete the installation to our high standards and in compliance with BS 7671:2018 and the IET Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation 3rd Edition.
Smaller first-fix works that can be completed by the Charge-m8® engineer on the day, including installation of an independent isolation switch for the EV charger supply, or cross bonding of utility supplies (such as gas or water).
More significant first-fix works will require the services of other trades/contractors, such as:
- working at heights in excess of 2.4m or where it is reasonably deemed unsafe to do so
- working within or accessing roof spaces to run cables
- running cables under floorboards or through ducting or voids
- trenching cables underground
- suspending cables above ground
- groundwork preparation for the installation of an optional pedestal mount for your EV charger
- upgrades to your electrical supply to provide sufficient capacity for your charger(s)
Preparing for your installation day:
To ensure that your Charge-m8® engineer can complete the installation without delay, please ensure that:
- You have notified us of your home Wi-Fi details or provided a suitable home network plug connection where required (depending on EV charger specification)
- the installation location, consumer unit and electricity supply meter is clear including all areas that the Charge-m8® engineer will need to access
What if I need to rearrange my installation?
As Charge-m8® engineers are booked in advance, we ask that you notify us as soon as possible, and no later than 24 hours before the confirmed installation appointment time.
Where a minimum twenty-four (24) hours’ notice is not provided, or if you fail to meet the Charge-m8 Installer within a reasonable time (sixty (60) minutes of the agreed time), except for situations that would reasonably be described as Force Majeure, a failed installation fee of £100 will be payable to cover the Charge-m8® engineers time and travel costs.
What is the process on the day of installation?
- Your Charge-m8® engineer will aim to arrive within your given time slot where possible. If Your Charge-m8® engineer is going to be delayed, they will call you to let you know as soon as possible. Whilst we expect standard installation to take 4 hours or less, please allow additional time in case any additional remedial works are required
- Your Charge-m8® engineer will ask you to show them your off-street parking, power supply and confirm your preferred EV Charger installation point
- The Charge-m8® engineer will complete a suitability check of the proposed installation, and also a safety check of your existing electrical supply before commencing installation
- Once all pre-installation checks are complete, your Charge-m8® engineer will begin the installation of your new EV Charger
- Your Charge-m8® engineer will commission and test your ChargePoint to ensure everything is working correctly
- Your Charge-m8® engineer will give you a demonstration of the features and use of your new Charge-m8® EV charger and answer any questions that you may have before asking you to confirm that the installation has been completed to your satisfaction